Tuesday, November 16, 2010

overwhelmed.

Boy, have things been crazy. The day after my last post, Sawyer was admitted to the hospital for breathing issues and fluid in his lungs. We spent two days there, not really knowing what was going on. As far as his breathing goes, we still don't know what happened. The fluid was likely from reflux, as they did a GI test in the hospital and we watched it all come right back up. Unfortunately, his spitting up has not improved. We have another doctors appointment tomorrow to follow up, hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it soon.

This past Sunday Tony went back to work. As ready as I was for him to go back, I was NOT prepared to handle two boys by myself for 4 days. On Sunday we didn't even leave the house. Monday we went to a playdate with the girls from my lifegroup, then made a quick trip to the grocery store. We didn't leave again today. It's hard with two!

Cody has been fairly well behaved, but I know he misses Tony dearly. Sawyer has been fussy and there's been a few times where I've just cried. But overall, we're doing okay. Everyone is fed and ok, so I know I must be doing something right.

I've had a hard time with my schoolwork. Not because it's hard (well, my math is)- but because it's impossible to find time with both boys and even harder to concentrate with a newborn who needs constant attention. I have to get it figured out somehow- the end of semester is less than a month away and I need to get decent grades.

I wish there were more time, period. I know finding time with a brand spanking new kid is impossible, but I would love to be able to do my workbook for lifegroup and spend more time with God- because I'm lacking in that area and I desperately need to get my rear in gear. We're going back to church this weekend, I CANNOT wait. I need Element.

The house search hasn't gone well. We've put in offers on two houses, and both have fallen through. Tony decided to go ahead and try again to put in his UAV package, maybe we'll get lucky and it will get approved and we'll head somewhere new.

And on a final note, my parents have offered us an amazing deal: they are going to GIVE us 10 1/2 acres of their land in Texas when Tony retires from the Air Force. And the money I owe them for the down payment on my house in SC? I don't have to pay it back, we can use it to help with building our house there. We are blown away at the generosity and I CANNOT wait to get there and get settled- too bad it's 9 years away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...