Monday, October 25, 2010

my birth story.

On Wednesday (the 20th) I lost a good chunk of mucous plug and I was bleeding (not heavily, but it was there). That happened around 9am, then around 1pm I started having contractions. They weren't too bad or even close to timeable, just there. I even went and looked at a house with Tony and our realtor.

They started getting a little closer together and more painful, but I still thought it was false labor since they would be like 20 minutes apart then 6 or 7. I tried to go to bed around 1030, but I kept waking up with contractions.

Finally around 12am on Thursday (the 21st) I got up and came to the living room to sit my rear on the recliner and time them on my computer. It was a super long night, they were still pretty unpredictable but getting fairly painful.

At 5am, Tony woke up and called his supervisor to let him know what was going on since he was scheduled to trip out that day. His supervisor was kinda like, "I need to know what's going on, maybe you should go to the hospital". So we decided to go just to find out if there was any progress or anything so we'd know if Tony could go to work (maybe I was in denial but I still thought it was false labor).

We got to the hospital around 6am, Tony dropped me off at the ER and went to take Cody to my friend Rebecca's house. They got me all checked in and sent up to L&D. The resident MD came in to check me, and HOLY SHIT, I was 6cm.

All denial left then, they admitted me, sent me to a labor room, and listened to me cry and moan until they gave me the epidural. :)

Once I got the epidural (probably around 730am), we just hung out, you know how that goes, until around 1000am. The doctor on call from my OB/GYN came in and checked me, said I was pretty much fully dilated and they figured once my water broke (it still hadn't), he would be here. She told me she wanted to wait until he moved down just a little more, but it wouldn't be long.

Around 1030, I was feeling a lot of pressure and told the nurse to get the Dr. She came in around 1040 and they got all set, and manually broke my water. I pushed twice (yes, twice), and baby Sawyer was here!

So he weighed 7lbs, 3.2oz, he was 19 1/2 inches long, and obviously, perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...