Saturday, August 13, 2011

Being Cody's Mommy.

Sometimes, it really stinks.  Don't assume I mean this in a bad way.  I love that little man more than just about anything.

But Cody has a MAJOR attachment to his dad.  Tony is everything to Cody.  So when Tony is in the field, I deal with more whining than usual, more meltdowns, & more asking for daddy then normal.

So recently, we've been transitioning to a toddler bed.  We figured if he doesn't sleep in a crib at daycare, then he should be fine to do it at home.  So far, it's gone remarkably well.

The last two nights Tony has put him to bed (because he puts him to bed most of the time when he is here)- and has tucked him in & sang him a song.

So today, since Tony is gone, I'm trying to get Cody down for a nap.  He keeps asking for the "school song," & I have NO idea what song this is.  I text Tony to ask him what song it is that he sings to Cody & he tells me it's one he made up.  So he calls me with the words to the song & I'm already crying because Cody's crying woke up Sawyer after only an hour nap.

So I'm trying to sing this song I don't know to Cody & it's totally not working.  I then start sobbing & lay my head on Cody's pillow, & we both cry for a few minutes.  Finally, he lays his head on the pillow next to me & his crying becomes the occasional whine/hiccup.  I lay there, rubbing his belly & saying "shh" until he finally settles down.  I ask him if he's going to take a nap & he tells me yes.  So I tell him I love him, & he says, "I love you too Mommy." & I walk out the door.

Still crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...