Sunday, July 25, 2010

insert clever title here.

Church this morning rocked.

They finished this sermon series called "The Frayed" which was all about prayer. I learned SO much today.

It comes as no surprise that my heart is lacking God. I've spent years blowing it off and acting all high and mighty when in reality I knew (and still know) nothing about God. It's a learning process and I wish I knew more. I know I haven't made God a priority. Starting today, that changes.

The big question for today was "What should my prayer life look like?". I know mine is a mess. I spend about two minutes at night praying and I've never done it the right way.

This was what Pastor Jeff said:
1. Time. We have to MAKE time for God.
2. Place. There has to be a place where you can go and be with God. 9 times out of 10, it's not going to work if you're laying in bed.
3. Order. You have to create an order in which you do prayer so it becomes a habit.
4. Openness. If you do all of the above, your heart will be open to God. You will pray at random times in addition to your set aside time, simply because your heart is bursting with the love you have and the closeness in your relationship with God.

How freaking mind blowing! I've spent all this time coming up with excuses about how I'm no good at prayer and I don't know how to do it right, turns out I just wasn't making time to DO it.

Starting tomorrow (I'd say now and that there's no time like the present, but I want to do this the right way), I'm setting aside 10 minutes in the morning. 10 minutes is nothing. Eventually I hope to spend more time with God, but it's all about baby steps.

God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...