Friday, January 7, 2011

Lifegroup.

Man, I am so thankful for this bunch of women- & especially to my friend Rebecca for getting me involved.  Today we skipped the formal lifegroup session & socialized, which I totally needed.  I was able to vent some of the things that have been really weighing on me lately & through some tears & tea & muffins, I left feeling a little more at peace with myself.

I'm slowly learning that I can't make people happy.  People have to make themselves happy & no matter how hard I try, it's just wasting energy to do it.  I pray for certain people in my life who need to find their happy & need to learn to live for God instead of living while waiting for God to give them something.  I myself am bad at this- and only just now learning that I need to give all to Him so that I can live like no one else later (throwing a little Dave Ramsey in there too).

Anyway, thanks to them & some prayer that seemed pretty powerful to me (the girls prayed for me today with all that's going on in my life & some of the things I rarely talk about in my blog or elsewhere- you just don't need to know, haha)- I felt stronger for the rest of the day & even after some things that really upset me tonight, I know that I can handle it.

I wonder if these women will ever know how much I appreciate them, since I only really see them once a week & it's not like they call me when they need to vent- although I'd be MORE than happy to listen & try to help- but knowing that at least once a week I have a place to go where I can say how I feel & know that it will stay there, & have some snacks & prayer means the absolute world to me.  Truly.

It's amazing how fast life can change.  I'm so thankful for all the ways I'm blessed by the Lord & I can only hope that I can learn more & more to truly follow Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...