Friday, March 1, 2013

I'm Baaaaccckkkkk!

I know you all have been on the edge of your seats, waiting & hoping I'd post something soon...

The boys & I are safely & soundly in Texas, settling in to ranch life & all that that entails.  For the last few days we've been feeding the animals, & by animals I mean chickens, guineas, peacocks, alpacas, llamas, goats, & pigs, careful to avoid the dead chicken in the back of the gator that my dad FINALLY moved yesterday.  We collect eggs & stir pig slop (leftovers from us- those pigs are SO spoiled!) along with all the other stuff- it's actually something I enjoy, & it gets us moving around.

The boys have also started preschool part time, which so far they really enjoy.  Cody was doing so well at his preschool in Cheyenne that I didn't want him to lose momentum & Sawyer was in need of some socialization.  It works out well because honestly, I need a break.  I'm able to run errands by myself or come home & do housework while they're at school & I think it makes us better all around.  The drive is even something I enjoy- it's 23 miles one way (10 just to get into town), but I'm getting caught up on new music that I've missed so it's exciting for me- I'm such a dork!

There are some things I miss about Cheyenne, for sure.  My privacy, for one.  I love being with my family but I was SO used to doing things my way that it's become a bit of a challenge to have to work around other people.  We're managing pretty well though, I think.  I definitely miss my friends, not having any nearby is weird & kind of lonely.  Thankfully I have plenty to do to keep me busy.  I miss Element, too- I haven't been to church since I left Cheyenne & I know I need to recharge there too.

On Monday I'll start back with the whole '30 things my kids should know about me' posts, that was lots of fun.

Today makes me 9 weeks pregnant & my first OB appointment is March 15.  I also have an ultrasound that day so fingers crossed everything is going okay in there!

The last few weeks since I left Cheyenne have been interesting.  Like I said, we're adjusting to life here & trying to get used to each other, but I'm thankful that my parents have let the boys & I come & invade their lives.  I'm fairly certain, however, that when Tony finishes school & it's time for us to head to Florida, we'll be MORE than ready. :)

Have a good weekend everyone.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...