List 10 things you would tell your 16 year old self, if you could.
(looking oh-so-cool in my bedroom)
1. YOU ARE NOT FAT. Stop thinking it. You are beautiful, healthy, & you deserve amazing things.
2. Don't be afraid to join the Navy. It will change your life & you won't regret it for a second once it's over.
3. Boys do, in fact, have cooties. Don't let yourself think you love every boy you meet, most of them are jerks & you'll regret having so much as held their hand.
4. Don't feel like you're too cool for sports or achieving. You'll regret having barely scraped by later, when you meet people who excelled in sports & you sat around listening to 90's grunge pretending to be a cool skateboarding chick.
5. Don't feel bad for that rave you went to where you got busted & your parents grounded you for a really long time. It was an experience you will look back on & laugh. Plus, your hair looked REALLY good that night.
6. Listen to your mom. As much as you hate it, she's smart, has been through all you've been through (times ten) & later, you'll miss the relationship you have now because you'll lose a lot of your closeness.
7. Try to pay attention in Spanish class. When you turn 30, you'll regret not remembering ANY of it, especially with the way the world is now.
8. That move to Colorado? It wasn't as bad as you thought. You got out of a situation where you probably would have gone nowhere with your life. Thank your mom for it.
9. Stop smoking. It's not cool & you'll hate how hard it is years later to quit.
10. Did I mention YOU'RE NOT FAT?!?!?!