Saturday, January 12, 2013

& so it begins.

I did a post almost 2 years ago called 'I hope he knows'.
http://anchoredintheairforcelife.blogspot.com/2011/01/i-hope-he-knows.html

I want to say I'm even more proud of him today then I was then.  Almost two years, & he's changed SO much.  He continues to provide for his family, he's learned so much (as have all of us) & is continuing to do so despite what an awful day it is.

Tony left today for Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  His estimated graduation day is June 16, 2013.  We will be able to see him occasionally since it's only about an 8 hour drive.  However, he will not be here for the day-to-day, in & out stuff that happens.

He won't see the boys everyday or see them grow.  Thanks to technology, he'll be able to see them frequently via skype.  But he won't be here to see how silly Cody is or what kind of mischief Sawyer is getting in to.  He won't see his dogs, who are already moping around.

I know this isn't a deployment & I have friends who deal with that all the time.  For us, this is only the beginning of very frequent separations once we head to Florida & he'll be off doing secret squirrel missions he can't tell anyone about.  It's the beginning of the journey.

Once again, I'm alone with the boys.  I welcome this change because I know he's doing it to better this place we live in.  Our country is in a very unstable time & things are very scary on our own homeland.  I won't go into a politics talk since I don't do that, but I will say that I pray every day for good things to happen to our country.  I don't see them happening now.

Tony is my own personal hero.  He's a great father, a good husband, & I know he'll kick some serious ass (excuse my language) as a Flight Engineer on the V-22 Osprey.  I'm SO very proud of him & all he's accomplished.  Thank you Tony for all you do.  I love you & I know you'll do amazing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...