30 Things My Kids Should Know about me, day 9.
List 10 people who have influenced your life & describe how.
these are in no particular order.
1. My mom. My mom has always been a huge force of life. She's overcome things I can't begin to imagine, is totally badass, & she did an amazing job raising me. Because I'm awesome. & it's all thanks to her & my #2.
2. My granny. My granny is going to be NINETY-TWO in February. This means she's seen more & done more than you or I could EVER imagine. She raised 4 amazing kids, mostly by herself, then did a pretty awesome job helping to raise me. My granny had hardly ANY schooling & I still believe she's the smartest woman I've ever known.
3. My favoritest friend, Ambie. I met her on myspace, of all places, before I transferred to South Carolina. I NEVER thought I would meet such a kind, amazing, smart woman. Now that we're older & wiser, I see her as an amazing mother to her beautiful children & I only WISH I could be half the mom she is.
4. The Codester. I never in my life could imagine a love as great as that for my kiddos. Cody is everything I ever imagined in a child. He amazes me, frustrates me, & at the end of the day, I am BEYOND thankful & blessed for him.
5. Sawyer Face. What an awesome & delightful child he is. His permanent mohawk & smile get me, every time. He's so sweet & helpful (when he's not tackling or throwing things) & he's just SUCH a joy to have in my life.
6. My cousin Kim. I don't know if I ever told her, but she's the reason I joined the Navy. She got herself out of nowhere, Arizona, & I figured if she could do it, I could too. She's one of my only cousins in AZ to leave there & I'm pretty thankful I followed her lead.
7. My cousin Kristin. In junior high, I pretty much wanted to be her. She was so cool & grunge & not all ghetto like most AZ folks since she lived in California. I'm pretty sure if it weren't for her, I would have been doing the awful 90's teased bangs deal with heavy eyeliner & listening to rap. She's funny & has always been super cool. Once I grew up & stopped trying to BE her, I realized we could have fun together on those rare occasions we see each other. :)
8. My in-laws. Patty & Sobby have been married for like 32 years (or is it 33?) & I can't imagine having better people to look up to. They are both SUCH amazing parents, grandparents, & I think it's awesome that they are still married & still in love & it gives Tony & I an awesome model to follow in our marriage.
9. My one & only TSS, Kristi. From the minute I met her (even though I was oblivious to the obvious), I could tell that she was one of the few people I'd ever met that wasn't afraid to BE herself. She's always done well for herself, & isn't afraid to be the way she is. I admire her for her honesty, & I'm so very thankful that she is my friend.
10. Last, but certainly not least, is Tony. He's a good husband, great father, & he does what needs to be done to take care of his family. I'm proud of him, I love him, & I couldn't ask for anyone else to journey through this life with.